Friday, July 8, 2016

Corner Bakery (review)

Location:
1040 W Imperial Hwy
La Habra, CA 
Hours: 7am - 10pm

Perks: Free Wi-Fi

I was greeted almost immediately upon entering and as I neared the order counter. The associate behind the register was pleasing and cheerful. Within seconds, I was given a dine-in number which I placed on my tabletop number-holder.

Atmosphere: (Family-friendly, casual dining)
At 5:45pm, the dining room was filled with a few couples and families, but shortly after I arrived, more and more patrons filtered in. The background music (BGM) was playing softly and not overpowering. It seemed to be a mix between instrumental and vocal tracks, but nothing overpowering. The temperature was cool but not cold. I sat at a small table near the window and the way in which the table faced, the afternoon sun did not shine through, although danced just ever so lightly on the patio tables outside illuminating a soft sheen. 

Menu Selection:
Soup and Salad

Roasted Tomato Basil Soup - at 210 calories per serving, it was a vegetarian delight with fresh, roasted, bite-sized tomato chunks, grilled onions, hints of garlic, and topped with basil. I added a pinch of salt and pepper, and Voila! It was perfection! 


Spinach Sweet Crisp Signature Salad - ranging from 110-170 calories per serving, it was prepared with baby spinach, strawberries, oranges, red grapes, dried cranberries, green onions and goat cheese with raisin pecan sweet crisps and homemade strawberry vinaigrette. This was an amazing array of fruits and vegetables that I had to look at the menu a few times to make sure it was an actual salad because it was so tasty, it almost felt as though I was having dessert! It was a great combination of sweet and salty! 


Overall, I would definitely recommend this Corner Bakery and this particular location 

Rating: A

0 comments:

Post a Comment